Friday, September 23, 2011

Show tomorrow

Me: "I don't know why I'm so nervous about showing this weekend!
My boss: "Imminent demise is always something to be nervous about."

***

Yes, Gia makes her dressage debut tomorrow. Our last couple of rides have been awful. I don't have high hopes :)

I would like to say I have goals for tomorrow... I don't, really. But here are some things I've thought of:

I want to do my best to make sure I stay calm, quiet, and soft. I tend to get nervous and brace against her, which makes her brace against me and get hollow and stupid. Let's try not to do that, lol.

When I get nervous, I have a tendancy to coast-- to just try and "get through it" rather than focusing on doing as good of a job as I can on the test. I really want to try not to do that. I'm going to try and remember to actually correct her if she needs it, rather than just try and float past any disobediences and get the test over with.

The only thing I can really control is my own position. Rider position and effectiveness of the aids has a coefficient of 3 so I want to try and pay attention to my ride as much as possible. That way if all else fails, maybe I'll get a good score for position :)

All in all I really don't want to overthink it (because in the long run, does this one dinky show really matter that much?) but for some reason I'm really keyed up about it. Relax, Elizabeth. It will all be fine.

Wish me luck, and I'll see you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment