Friday, September 24, 2010

I love the internet

I love the internet. I admit it... I couldn't live without it. I know many people who don't feel the same way-- one of my ex-boyfriends was convinced that the internet only led to terrible things, like affairs or fraud or identity theft. As far as I know he still doesn't own a computer. My grandmother often laments the amount of drama she encounters on Facebook... but then again, at least my grandmother has a Facebook account :)

Personally, I am continually amazed at the things the internet has done to enrich my life. From little things, like making me laugh or helping me pass time at work (afternoons can be brutal-- what would I do without Zuma?). To bigger things, like giving me lots of information about my recent pregnancy and new baby, or enabling me in my baking obsession :)

To even bigger things. I found my current job through an ad on Craigslist. When I decided to go into business for myself, training horses and giving riding lessons, the internet was my strongest source of advertising, and even I was shocked at my success. The internet even brought my fiance and I together, in a way-- it was an easy, pressure-free way of communicating and getting to know each other before taking the plunge into actual "dating".

I have always been interested in blogging. I read a long list of blogs on a daily basis-- food blogs, horse blogs, anything that catches my interest. I don't know what the fascination is with the thoughts of people I will never meet... perhaps it's just the comfort in that feeling that we aren't alone in the struggles of our daily lives.

I myself have had an online journal before but after a long absence, I feel the need to strike out into the blogosphere again. I just find that there are many things I encounter in my own daily life that I would enjoy sharing with others. Of course, as the title of the blog states, I am ridiculously busy-- I work full-time, I have a toddler boy and just had a new baby boy only three weeks ago. I am getting married in December. I also have a ridiculous number of passions and hobbies-- among them cooking, photography, and of course, the horses. I really don't have time to blog. But, as they say, if you want something done, ask a busy person!

I hope this blog turns into something enjoyable for everyone out there... or at least for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment