Saturday, September 25, 2010

Some ideas for the blog

I have tons of ideas for this blog, so I thought I'd put some of them down on paper (so to speak!) I don't know if all of them will come to fruition, but at least I have good intentions :)

Some things I'd like to try:

- cupcakes! Cupcakes are a big passion of mine. I love the idea of doing a "cupcake week", where I make a different cupcake recipe every day for a week. The only problem with this is timing-- I'd have to do this before a party or gathering, as I'm not great about actually EATING the cupcakes I bake. (The pregnancy hormones mess with my appetite really badly.) Beyond "cupcake week", perhaps a cupcake recipe or other food post one day a week.

- landscape photography. I have an idea for a post about my adventures around the Vancouver area, sharing photographs of the places I visit, hopefully once a week as well.

- things I love! I'd like to share a link at least once a week of something that has caught my eye out in the interwebz.

- horse news. Once I am healed from my recent c-section (and the unfortunate resulting complications), I intend to be "back in the saddle" as soon as humanly possible, and would like to share news and updates about my equine friends and clients.

- discussion. I have pretty strong opinions of various things I run across in my daily reading, and it would be fun to blatantly abuse my position as writer of the blog to post that opinion for open discussion :D

- wedding planning updates. I am nearly frantic with only about 2 months left to plan my December wedding, and having to take some time off to have my son.


So... I'm going to start this blog off with a little taste of the future. This is a great blog post written by Bakerella, reflecting on how far her own blog has come in the 3 years since she started writing it, and then chronicling her visit with a fellow food blogger whom she'd never have met otherwise. I'm sure she has a lot to say about how the internet has changed HER life :)

Jenny, written by Bakerella


So I guess all I can say is... watch this space in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment