Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Horse shows. That is all.

It's only Wednesday and I'm super nervous about the show on Saturday. I don't even know why... I am normally NEVER nervous at shows (I've been to so dang many they just don't bug me anymore). Plus, it's only an in-hand show, so I won't even be riding... hardly any risk of bodily harm this way :)

I think it's just that I think I really have something special in Gia, and I'm kind of afraid that the judges are going to disagree. I wouldn't want to hear that she's actually really badly put together and isn't worth spit. I'm not a great judge of conformation, I admit it... but I THINK what I see when I look at her is pretty good.

I guess we'll just have to see! What's the worst that could happen-- they'll tell me she's built like a donkey and moves like a Buick with a flat tire? In reality, that isn't very likely to happen... more likely is that we'll just go in all of our classes and get nothing out of it. But it doesn't matter, it won't make her any less valuable to ME.

In the meantime, I will continue to harbour my daydreams about winning... I'm not greedy, she doesn't need to win grand champion overall or anything like that... a reserve championship in her division would be just fine :)

Yesterday I practiced braiding her for the show... how can you blame me for thinking she's drop-dead gorgeous? Just look at her!





Perhaps I'm just really, really barn blind. Ah well <3

No comments:

Post a Comment