Friday, June 17, 2011

Nervous!

I can't believe I'm still freaking out about this show tomorrow. I haven't been this nervous about a show since the state dressage championships in 2006 (which, for the record, I won!) I am sitting here bored at work, thinking about everything I need to do today to prepare. It's going to be a long day, and an early morning tomorrow!

I want to take my mind off of tomorrow, but I can't think of anything else but horse shows, so I'm going to post our planned schedule for the rest of the summer:

July 10th: Sunnyside Saddle Club hunter show
July 24th: Willoughby Saddle Club show
August 28th: Sunnyside Saddle Club hunter show
September 23rd-25th: BC Sporthorse Fall Show

Also, Jessy and Moira plan to do the CVP Horse Trials August 12th-14, and we are toying with the idea of sharing Moira at the MREC Hunter/Jumper show over Labour Day weekend. We'll see on that one.

So... my goal for Gia was to do two big shows and one schooling show. After this weekend, I will be most of the way to that goal (having done one schooling show and one big show).

I also intend to start taking lessons. I have a hunter/jumper trainer coming next week for a trial lesson, we'll see how that goes. I don't know what Gia wants to do yet... hunters? Dressage? Usually I can tell pretty quickly but not with her. So we'll let an experienced H/J rider tell me what she thinks.

Well, back to my obsessive list-making about what I have to do and pack tonight... okay, can't forget the hay bag, treats, oh and of course the bridles...

No comments:

Post a Comment