Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Always thinking about horses...

This blog used to be about everything in my life, lol, but lately it's just been about Gia. I guess that's just because I'm just always thinking about the horses. That's the way it goes in the summer, I guess... I bake all winter because it's too yucky to ride, and I ride all summer so I don't have time to bake :)

Anyway I had another good lesson yesterday. I like the way Miraya teaches because she makes G work but in a quiet way. It's good to feel like we're actually going somewhere, like it's time for my princess to grow up and be a big girl. I'm glad Miraya is going to be riding her at the show this weekend, I really just want to have a good time and leave the last show behind us. Miraya will make her work through the crazy far better than I could.

Even when she's being a bum and freaking out over nothing, I still can't help but marvel at my mare. This time last year I honestly wondered if she'd ever be rideable. And now... we haven't gotten very far, but she hasn't been under saddle for very long, and she's improving all the time. It's so rewarding.

I love my Supermodel!



(Gia says: "gimme a kiss!" Or, more accurately, "scratch under my chin!" which is her favourite thing)

No comments:

Post a Comment