Sunday, July 10, 2011

You have to take the bad with the good



We went back to Sunnyside Saddle Club for their hunter show today. Gia was terrible. I mean, REALLY terrible. It was probably the worst show I've EVER been to.

She just went completely bonkers because Moira wasn't in the class with her, and became completely uncontrollable. I actually ended up getting off and leaving the class, then scratching the rest of my classes. I've never done that in any of the hundreds of shows I've been to.

She seems to be getting worse with every show, instead of better. I admit to being very discouraged right now.

I am going to separate them. It will mean that Gia will have to live by herself in the back of the barn for a while, but it has to happen. She's a danger to herself and others when she freaks out like that.

On the plus side, Jessy very kindly let me borrow Moira for a walk-trot class and (gasp) a jumping class :) I haven't even cantered a horse in about a year and a half... and haven't jumped in much longer than that. But, Moira being the babysitter that she is, just packed me around the course and we ended up 3rd in a good-sized class.

I was very grateful because it kind of rescued the day for me.

Lesson on Tuesday... our next show is Willoughby on the 24th. Keep looking forward, is all I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment