Thursday, March 17, 2011

An un-recommendation, and news

In the past I've been very vocal about my support and recommendation of Ingrid Hurrell of Red Maple Photography. Well, I'm officially un-recommending her. STAY AWAY. She shot my wedding, and I've never met a more unprofessional "professional". The wedding was six weeks ago, I've ordered my prints but we are still having issues over digital files AND she has begun stalking us. She has Facebook messaged my husband, and now brutally offended one of my best friends (well, I'M offended for her, she's more sensible than I so may not have been as offended as I am), also by Facebook message.

And, frankly, Ingrid's skills as a wedding photographer are lacking, and her unprofessional attitude was a real stress on my wedding day (and since!) Many of her images are unuseable to me due to light, colour, composition or other issues, while my good friend took better pics with her entry-level SLR (the same camera I have!) Ingrid gave me a super "deal" and even then it wasn't worth it.

So don't even think about using her, you'll regret it-- unless the experience at my wedding causes her to learn about how true professionals act.

IN BETTER NEWS! Lots of good things going on. The Supermodel is kicking ass and taking names, she's advancing in leaps and bounds. She's lonely by herself and goes through phases where she won't eat, but her weight is staying good and she's perky so I'm just keeping an eye on it. She's gaining muscle as she gets worked more so she actually looks pretty good right now-- except for the piles of hair she's shedding. Hooray spring and all, but the shedding is always such a pain!

Derek is working on an iPhone app for horse people that I'm pretty excited about. I think it's going to be very useful for us regular horse folk, something that will enhance my recordkeeping and help keep things organized.

Last weekend my in-law family threw a huge party to celebrate our wedding, since so many of them couldn't make it. It was wonderful, and I am very grateful to them for putting it together, and for everyone who came to commemorate our special day. I know lots of pictures were taken, I will have to get my hands on some of them to share.

My mom came which was a very happy surprise. She has started working as a personal chef (check out her site here) and we are going to work together, with my business Pink Bakerie providing the desserts. I'm really excited about this and can't wait to be challenged!

Other than that, I've been spending much of my (limited) spare time working on my photography and graphic art. I have begun posting prints on my etsy store, who knows if it'll go over well, but I'm having a blast. I have many ideas for future prints and cards, I just need more hours in the day!

Here's an example taken from the store:




Guess that's really all the news for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment