Monday, May 2, 2011

Gia winter pics

Just a couple of pics, as promised... she's still gorgeous, even in her winter fuzzies. I can't decide about that mane... I'm not normally a long-mane person (except, of course, with Arabs, which is why Gia still has hers). But if we pursue dressage, I may end up cutting it off like I did with Moira's. Which was a vast improvement, frankly.

Guess we'll just see :)

Anyway...





She is thinner than I'd like, having dropped a lot of weight when Bentley and Laila left and she found herself alone. I suspect she's going to be a bit of a hard keeper since she's such a worrier, but hopefully the ulcer medication will help calm down her tummy and encourage her to eat more. She feels good when I run my hand over her ribs, but you can still see them when the light is right. She's just such a picky eater!

But she's my baby girl :)

Edit: just have to add this adorable picture of Jessy and Gia. This is the mare who was impossible to catch, wanted nothing to do with people, would run all over you or run AWAY from you, reared, threw herself over backward... now look at her. It's amazing what a difference patience makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment