Monday, May 16, 2011

Mare makeovers, and showtime!

Well, I took the plunge... Gia's mane came off. She is officially a Big Girl now, a working horse, not just a pretty face. It looks pretty good, but definitely needs some tweaking and a couple of weeks to grow out and look natural.

I finally broke down and did it because showtime is coming up! We are taking both the Supermodel and the Superpony to a teeny-tiny schooling show in two weeks. Honestly, I know that we aren't even close to being ready for a show, even a little bitty one like this. So, my goal is to go to the show, get on at some point, and not get bucked off :) If I actually end up entering any classes-- even walk-trot-- I will consider that the icing on the cake.

Two weeks after that is the BC Sporthorse/Sportpony show in Cloverdale. I plan on taking her to that show in the halter classes. I'm pretty excited about that, it's a bigger show, plus I'm really interested to see how she does in a halter class. I personally think she's very well built but I know that conformation is by FAR not my strong suit. So I'm curious as to how others (such as judges) will see her.

I'm happy to be making plans for the show season, so often for me, life gets in the way of my goals. And this is only the beginning!

Anyway, I had a chance to take some pictures of the ladies a couple of days ago before the heavens opened and the rain came down (again). I let them into the arena, and of course they ran around like crazy people, with much snorting and Arab head-tossing:







(Doesn't Moira look like a Breyer pony??)

After the running around, Gia had to roll...



... then resume her fancy "look at me!" trot.





"I'm the beautiful-est!"



Moira tried to keep up for a bit...



But eventually just got cranky about it (see her ears, lol)



and decided that eating would be way more fun.







Gia ran around a bit more but eventually did slow down, and I managed to get a couple of pics of her new mane...





And of course, a couple of pictures of adorable Moira just for fun.





How can you not love that face? <3

Anyway, they are both doing well and are happy, and I can't wait for the good weather to get here (HELLO, it's almost JUNE, where's our SUMMER??) so I can ride more consistently, and hit the shows!

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment