Monday, May 2, 2011

Updates

Well, miss Moira's massage (say that three times fast!) went very well. Jen (the massage therapist) had a lot of interesting things to say. She said she felt Moira had, at one point, fallen and twisted her hips. She was very tight-- like, ridiculously tight-- on the left side of her spine. She also felt that Moira's nervousness came from expecting a "heavy hand"-- to be harshly disciplined or punished. I know this isn't because of US, Jessy and I are definitely not "heavy handed" type of people, so I can only imagine this was from her previous owner. But we will make sure to stay calm and loose when working with her, and eventually she'll figure out that she doesn't need to worry about it anymore.

Jen suggested we get a chiropractor to take a look at her spine, and she will be sending me the name and number of one she recommends. I will have to have a vet's permission in order for the chiro to work on her, which works out okay because Gia needs her teeth floated anyway. But it just means that I'm not certain when I'll be able to get it all done. I'm working on it.

On the plus side, Jessy rode Moira yesterday and said that the difference was very noticeable. Moira was still a bit pissy but nothing like normal. That's so encouraging to me! Perhaps I'll have Jen out again while waiting to be able to have the chiro out.

The ulcer supplement comes this week so we'll be starting that as well, and see how it goes. Gia is looking much more sound so hopefully the weather will get better and I'll be able to actually ride later in the week :)

I ran into the barn owner yesterday for the first time in several weeks, and he has purchased a harrow so is going to start dragging the arena on the weekends, which is great news. We've also been noticing some low spots in the paddocks where water is puddling because it isn't reaching the pump to get sucked out. So he's going to bring in some more crusher dust to raise those sections for better drainage. I'm looking forward to this summer so much, things are going great!

More updates as they come, and I have some pics of the Supermodel shedding her winter coat I will post later today. Moira's gotten all the attention lately, it's only fair for miss Gia to get her fair share too!

No comments:

Post a Comment