Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter vacation

So I went back home on my Easter long weekend. I worked a half day on Thursday and me, gramma and the kids headed down to Kennewick. I had a fantastic time, did lots of shopping, visited family and friends and got lots of pictures which I will post once I get them off the TWO cameras I brought :) But I just wanted to share something that had been bugging me...

Everyone loves spring, when the cherry trees bloom. BC has many of them, especially the area of White Rock where I work. But I guess I am used to a different kind of cherry tree-- and I didn't know there was more than one type. This is the type of cherry blossom you see in BC:




Beautiful, yes, but more "petal" than actual "blossom".



I kept looking for the cherry blossoms I am used to... these beautiful full, lush blossoms that come in several different shades of pink, from almost-white to bright pink. And I realized that they are all over the place in Kennewick. It made me a little bit sad... I miss them!






Isn't that a goofy thing to be sad about? But by the time I got back to BC, the wind and rain had pretty much taken all the petals off the trees. The blossoms are much hardier so stick around longer.

Oh well. Maybe one day I'll figure out which type of tree that is and plant one myself :)

More pics later!

No comments:

Post a Comment