Monday, April 25, 2011

Kennewick

I promised pics in my last post, so here they are. Sort of an expanded version of my Lunch Break Adventures :) Kennewick is what I consider to be my home town, and it's totally different from BC. And not just the cherry blossoms!



This is an unused railway grain tower right in the middle of town, fairly iconic. I've meant to take a picture of this for literally years, but of course it took me until now to actually do it.

We went down through Badger Canyon where I used to live. It made me so nostalgic! The whole area is agricultural-- vineyards, orchards, asparagus and hay fields. It's so beautiful. These are vineyards with poplar trees planted as windbreaks (have I mentioned that the Columbia Basin gets HUGE winds? The day these were taken we were actually in the midst of a dust storm!)








This is a great overview of what the area is like. No mountains, just rolling hills that are so sandblasted they look soft like pillows.



And there is an area called LaPierre Canyon at one end of Badger Canyon. My ex-stepmother lives up there, right near the corner of LaPierre Canyon Road and Rachel Road.





As a new LaPierre, I find it kind of neat :)

At any rate I hope you enjoyed this brief look at the Tri-Cities. Maybe someday I'll get around to taking more pics... I always plan to, but never seem to get around to it. To much shopping to do while I'm down there!

No comments:

Post a Comment